Peach and Rosemary Spritzers
This recipe makes a fragrant pink syrup with the faint aroma of rosemary. It's lovely with white or rose wine. To add a bit more color to the syrup, leave the skins on the peaches as it cools. Or slip the skins off once the syrup has cooled.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2009
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 large ripe peaches (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved, pitted, and cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 sprigs rosemary, plus more for garnish
- Ice, for serving
- 4 cups cold white or rose wine
- 1 liter cold club soda
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add peaches and rosemary, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Cover, and let cool. Discard rosemary. Peel peach slices if desired. Transfer peaches with syrup to a container; cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Place 2 peach slices and about 1/4 cup syrup in 8 ice-filled glasses. Add 1/2 cup wine to each; top with club soda. Garnish each with a rosemary sprig, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.