This recipe for pommes safranee comes from chef Marco Pierre White.
The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2007
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, plus more for parchment paper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons saffron
- 3 pounds new potatoes, cut into 2-by-1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fish stock or water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter one side of a 12-inch square of parchment paper; set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saffron and cook until shallots are translucent. Add potatoes and cover with fish stock; raise heat to medium-high. Place parchment paper over potatoes, butter side down and bring to a boil.
- Immediately transfer skillet to oven and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.