- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound apples (such as Honeycrisp or Fuji), peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine
parsnips, apples, and water. Cover
and bring to a boil over medium-high.
Reduce heat to medium
and cook, covered, until parsnips
are completely tender, 25 to
30 minutes. Transfer mixture to a
food processor, add unsalted butter, and process until
smooth. Season with coarse
salt and ground pepper.
Good with roasted pork, turkey, or chicken