Radicchio Slaw with Green Beans and Cauliflower
Sliced radicchio -- tossed in a lemon dressing with green beans, cauliflower, and Parmesan cheese -- creates a sweet and crunchy update on the classic summer slaw.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2009
- 1 head (about 2 pounds) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves Roasted Garlic (http://www.marthastewart.com/285705/roasted-garlic)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (1 ounce), plus more shaved for serving
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Working in batches, add cauliflower, and cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to ice-water bath. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Return water to a boil. Working in batches, add beans, and cook until they start to turn bright green, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to ice-water bath. Let cool. Thinly slice beans on the bias. Transfer to large bowl, and add radicchio.
- In a blender, process anchovies, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and garlic until smooth. With machine running, pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, blending until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables. Stir in grated Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 10 minutes. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.