Broccoli Rabe with Yellow Peppers
This simple side dish is both healthy and delicious.
Everyday Food, May Spring 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), tough stem ends trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Cut broccoli rabe into 1 1/2-inch lengths; set aside. Pour enough water into a 12-inch skillet to reach a depth of 3/4 inch. Bring to a boil; season with salt. Add broccoli rabe, and cook, stirring occasionally,
until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Dry skillet; add oil and heat over medium-high. Add bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until
crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli rabe; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through,
about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.