Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Mustard
Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Yield Makes 4
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 chicken cutlets (6 ounces each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 ounces aged cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 baguette, cut crosswise into 4 pieces and halved horizontally
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 sour pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Mix 1/4 cup mustard, the oil, dill, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and onion, and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill onion, turning often, 8 to 10 minutes. Grill chicken on 1 side for 3 minutes; flip, top with cheddar, and cook 3 minutes more. Cut cutlets in half. Grill baguette, cut sides down, until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix remaining 3 tablespoons mustard and the creme fraiche in a small bowl. Spread onto cut sides of baguette. Sandwich chicken, pickles, and onion between bread.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.