Wilted Spinach Salad with Chickpeas
Everyday Food, June 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1/2 cup slivered black olives
- Heat broiler. On a broiler-safe rimmed baking sheet, toss cherry tomatoes with chickpeas with one tablespoon olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Broil, tossing occasionally, until tomatoes are slightly charred, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and white-wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Add baby spinach, hot vegetables, and black olives. Toss with vinaigrette (spinach will wilt slightly).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.