Raspberry Ice Cream Cake
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes, plus freezing
Yield Makes 8 servings
- 1 loaf pound cake, sliced horizontally into thirds
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (6 ounces)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
- Place bottom layer of cake on a large piece of foil or in a loaf pan of equal size. Sprinkle half the raspberries over cake, spread evenly with half the ice cream, and top with another cake layer. Repeat with remaining raspberries, ice cream, and cake.
- Wrap with foil and freeze at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove cake from freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Serve dusted with confectioners' sugar.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.