Matzo-Crusted Chicken Cutlets
Using matzo for the coating makes this dish Passover-friendly; water crackers are a good substitute.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 1 large egg
- 8 unsalted matzos, crushed (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Safflower oil, for frying
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (4 to 5 ounces each), 1/2 inch thick
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Beat egg in a shallow dish. Mix crushed matzos, salt, and pepper in another shallow dish. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large cast-iron skillet until it registers 375 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Working with 1 at a time, dip cutlets into egg, then into matzo, pressing to adhere and coating both sides. Place
2 cutlets in skillet, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels. Repeat with remaining
2 cutlets. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.