Spaghetti with Shrimp and Bacon
To double the bites from a modest amount of shrimp, we split them in half lengthwise.
Everyday Food, April 2009
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces large peeled and deveined frozen shrimp, thawed and halved horizontally
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, fry bacon in a large skillet over medium until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add shrimp, scallions, and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are almost opaque, about 1 minute. Add cup pasta water, and bring just to a boil.
- Add shrimp mixture and lemon juice to pasta. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Thin sauce with pasta water as needed. Serve sprinkled with bacon.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.