Soba Noodle Salad with Chicken and Scallions
Soba is made from buckwheat, a gluten-free grain, so it's good for people with celiac disease. Some brands of soba also contain wheat -- check the ingredient list.
Everyday Food, November 2009
- 3/4 pound gluten-free soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook soba according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger.
- Drain soba, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to bowl with soy mixture and toss. Add chicken, scallions, and cabbage and toss to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.