Everyday Food, July/August 2008
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes, plus chilling
- Serves 8
- 2 cups blackberries (8 ounces total), plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a blender, combine berries, sugar, and lemon juice; blend until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing with a rubber spatula to push through. Discard seeds; transfer 1/2 cup berry puree to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate; reserve for topping.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and vanilla; whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold remaining berry puree into cream. Spoon mixture into custard cups. Cover loosely and refrigerate 1 hour (or up to overnight). To serve, drizzle blackberry fools with reserved berry puree, and garnish with blackberries.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.