Chicken Club Salad
In the Club: Prep this deconstructed sandwich at night or in the morning, and store each part separately. At lunchtime-or dinnertime-simply arrange and serve.
Everyday Food, April 2007
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick, plus 1/2 cup celery leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- lettuce leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay bacon in a single layer on prepared sheet; bake until it begins to render its fat, about 10 minutes. Turn bacon over, and slide to one side of sheet. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place on baking sheet. Bake until bacon is browned and crisp and chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate, and let drain; crumble. Let chicken cool completely. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, celery, celery leaves (if using), mayonnaise, and vinegar.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch chunks, and add to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Serve chicken salad over lettuce leaves, and sprinkle with bacon.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.