Individual Pizzas with Pecorino, Arugula, and Tomatoes
Bake up pies that rival your local pizzeria's when you keep an easily made dough on hand.
Everyday Food, January 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Olive oil, for baking sheet and for serving (optional for serving)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 individual pizza shells from 1 pound Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/281899/whole-wheat-pizza-dough), fresh or frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 ounces shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Turn a large baking sheet upside down; rub with oil. Using your hands, crush tomatoes into a pulp in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread crushed tomatoes on pizza shells; sprinkle with red-pepper flakes. Bake until crusts are golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss arugula with Pecorino; top pizzas with salad. Drizzle with vinegar and, if desired, oil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.