This recipe for the perfect omelet comes from "Entertaining," by Martha Stewart.
- 1 tablespoon melted clarified butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten but not frothy
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the omelet pan over high flame. Add clarified butter and heat until hot but not smoking.
- Ladle eggs into pan.
- Pull eggs from sides of pan with a fork while moving pan constantly over the flame to prevent sticking.
- Just before eggs are set, spoon 1/4 to 1/3 cup of desired filling into center of omelet.
- Gently roll 1/3 of the omelet over the filling, tilting pan and using a fork.
- Turn cooked omelet onto serving plate. Entire procedure should take less than one minute.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.