Steamed Salmon with Avocado
A steamed salmon fillet is a healthful morning meal, especially when served with avocado.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2010
- 2 lemons, 1 cut into thin rounds, 1 cut into wedges
- 4 salmon fillets (1 inch thick; about 4 ounces each)
- Fleur de sel
- 1 firm, ripe Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Arrange lemon rounds on bottom of a bamboo steamer basket. Season salmon fillets with fleur de sel. Place salmon on top of lemons, and cover with steamer lid.
- Bring about 1 inch water to a simmer in a large skillet. Place steamer basket in water, and steam until fish is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Arrange avocado and salmon on plates. Sprinkle salmon with fleur de sel, and serve with lemon wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.