Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad
Nothing compares to the juiciness of summer tomatoes. Go beyond the expected with this showstopping salad.
Everyday Food, July/August 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 ear corn (husk and silk removed; tip cut off)
- 2 pints cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Stand ear in a large wide bowl; with a sharp knife, carefully slice downward to release the kernels. Discard cob. Add tomatoes, avocado, scallions, lime juice, and oil to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.