Green Beans with Toasted Pecans
Nutty green beans make the perfect side for whatever main dish is on the menu.
Everyday Food, September 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound green beans, stem ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until fragrant, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a simmer. Place green beans in basket; cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer green beans to a serving platter; drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with pecans.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.