Biscuits for Dressing
Use this recipe in our Cornbread and Biscuit Dressing.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2007
- Yield Makes 30 (enough for 1 recipe of cornbread and biscuit dressing)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add cream, and stir just until a dough forms.
- On a generously floured surface, pat dough into a square, about 1/2 inch thick. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut out rounds with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Pat together scraps, and cut out more rounds. (You should have about 30 biscuits.) Space biscuits 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until tops are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack. Biscuits can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For dressing, let stand overnight, uncovered, to dry out before crumbling.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.