Nectarine and Strawberry Pops
Ice pops made with real fruit beat anything you'll find in the freezer case or on the ice-cream truck -- and it only takes a few minutes to get them into the freezer.
Straining the puree is worth the extra minute or two. Your pops will be nice and smooth -- free of nectarine skin and strawberry seeds.
Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours 15 minutes
Yield Makes 8
- 1 pint (2 cups) strawberries, hulled
- 4 nectarines (1 to 1 1/2 pounds total), halved, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a blender, puree strawberries, nectarines, and sugar until smooth. Pressing with a spoon or rubber spatula, pass mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a glass measuring cup (discard solids).
- Pour mixture into eight 3-ounce pop molds. Insert sticks, then freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.