Photo: Con Poulos
Martha Stewart Living, October
- Yield Makes enough for one 10-inch double crust
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup ice water
- Process flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add butter; pulse until pea-size lumps appear. Pulse in cheese. With processor running, add ice water; process just until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out; gather into a block. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold, at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
Dough can be frozen up to 3 weeks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.