Creamed Corn with Parmesan
Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces), plus more for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer (but not smoke), about 2 minutes. Add corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and slightly browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and stock, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in Parmesan. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with more Parmesan if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.