Cranberry Compote with Mascarpone and Cookies
This dessert is easy to assemble and offers a great way to
use extra cranberries. Just serve the tart compote and sweet
mascarpone atop store-bought cookies.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (not thawed) cranberries
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 8 store-bought Italian shortbread cookies, such as Rigoli
- Bring cranberries, sugar, brandy, and water to a simmer
in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are tender and liquid is syrupy,
about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Cover,
and keep warm.
- Just before serving, spread mascarpone onto cookies. Top
each with compote (reheat compote over low heat if needed).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.