Escarole with Onion and Lemon
Enjoy this saute as a side, toss with pasta for a main course, or serve on crostini.
Also try: Spicy Chard with Ginger, Beet Greens with Bacon, Kale with Tomato, Garlic, and Thyme
Everyday Food, January 2010
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 head escarole, cored and chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add red onion and red-pepper flakes; cook until onion softens, 3 minutes. Add escarole. Cook until wilted, 3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.