Black Pepper Mussels
Liana DiMeglio of Liana's Trattoria in Fairfield, Connecticut, brought this recipe from Naples, Italy, years ago.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2005
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 50 small) mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Put mussels and 1/4 cup water in a large skillet. Season with 1 teaspoon pepper. Cover, and cook over high heat, stirring once, until mussels open, 2 to 3 minutes. (Discard unopened shells.)
- Transfer mussels to a serving bowl. Season with remaining teaspoon pepper, and drizzle with oil. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
The TV serves the mussels with Lemon Aioli
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.