Asian Chicken and Chili Soup
Adjust the amount of hot chili sauce you use in this simple recipe to suit your tastes: For a soup with kick, use up to 3 teaspoons.
Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 red bell peppers, (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced lengthwise and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Asian hot chili sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) diced poached chicken
- 1 bunch (6 ounces) watercress, large stems trimmed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced lengthwise and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- In a 3-quart saucepan, bring broth, bell peppers, soy sauce, and chili sauce to a simmer; cook until peppers are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and watercress; cook 1 minute. Ladle into bowls, and top with scallions.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.