Roasted Peaches with Nougat
Serve these easy-to-prepare peaches with scoops of ice cream, and drizzle the pan juices over the top.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 4 ripe white peaches, halved lengthwise and pitted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 to 6 ounces chewy almond nougat (<a href="http://www.avenuesweets.com" class="page" target="_blank">www.avenuesweets.com</a>), coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in upper third. Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet or saute pan over medium heat until foaming. Reduce heat to low; add sugar, stirring until it has dissolved. add peaches, cut side down, and cook until they start to caramelize, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip, and drizzle with honey.
- Raise heat to medium-high. Bring pan juices to a boil. remove from heat.
- Divide nougat pieces among peaches, arranging them in the center of each half. Spoon pan juices over tops.
- Transfer to oven; roast until nougat melts and peaches turn golden brown and are tender when pierced with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.