- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- Coarse salt
- 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (1 cup), plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons julienned lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Crushed red-pepper flakes, optional
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl, and mix in reserved cooking liquid, cheese, lemon zest and juice, mint, oil, and red-pepper flakes, if desired. Divide among dishes, garnish with cheese, and serve immediately.
To lend this dish a different aromatic boost, add torn fresh basil in place of the mint.
When this recipe was made on "Mad Hungry", 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice was used and 1 tablespoon butter was mixed with pasta.