Lemon Fingerling Potatoes
Martha Stewart Living, September 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cover potatoes with water in a pan. Add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and halve lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic, and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add potatoes, cut sides down, and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in stock, wine, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until liquid is reduced by a third, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add thyme and butter, and stir until butter has melted. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.