Note: The egg in this recipe is not cooked. It should not be prepared for pregnant women, babies, young
children, the elderly, or anyone whose health is compromised.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Process garlic, salt, egg, parsley, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a food processor until combined. With machine running, gradually add remaining olive oil and the canola oil, drop by drop at first and then in a slow, steady stream, until emulsified. Stir in lemon juice. Serve at room temperature; do not leave unrefrigerated longer than 1 hour. Allioli can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.