Winter Herb and Ricotta Cannelloni
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- Coarse salt
- Fresh Egg Pasta Sheets (http://www.marthastewart.com/262437/fresh-egg-pasta-sheets)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for pasta
- 15 ounces fresh ricotta cheese (1 2/3 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as rosemary, sage, and parsley)
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan Cream (http://www.marthastewart.com/262569/parmesan-cream)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Working in batches, cook pasta sheets for about 2 minutes. Immediately transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Remove from water, rub a drop of oil on each sheet, and stack on a plate.
- Combine 1 teaspoon salt, the ricotta, garlic, herbs, red-pepper flakes, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread oil in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Line up pasta sheets lengthwise on a clean, dry work surface. Spread cup ricotta mixture on each sheet, about 1 inch from bottom. Roll up, overlapping ends to close. Arrange, seam sides down, in rows in baking dish.
- Immediately pour Parmesan cream over cannelloni. Bake until tops are golden brown and slightly crusty, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.