You can microwave everything in the same dish, including a whole head of garlic; once cooked, the cloves are soft enough to mash, and the taste is mild and sweet.
Everyday Food, June 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 whole garlic head, (unpeeled)
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish, toss onion with oil. Place garlic in the center. Cover; microwave on high 5 minutes. Stir bell pepper and tomato paste into onion.
- Rub chicken with paprika and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; place on vegetables, with thickest part of breast facing edge of dish. Cover; cook on high until chicken is opaque throughout, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Remove garlic; slice off top, and squeeze cloves into a small bowl. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice; mash with a spoon. Stir into vegetables; spoon onto plates, and serve chicken on top.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.