Cold Udon with Crab and Cucumber
Spaghetti-like udon are piled high with sweet crab, crisp cucumber, and peppery sprouts, and then drizzled with a tart dressing made with the juice of yuzu, a type of Asian citrus.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2007
- Coarse salt
- 8 ounces udon (or soba)
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, preferably sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon yuzu juice
- 5 ounces (about 1 cup) lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned
- 1 cup sprouts, preferably radish, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add udon, and cook until al dente. Drain, and rinse. Drizzle with just enough sesame oil to coat. Spread on a baking sheet, and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, grapeseed oil, vinegar, chili sauce, and juice.
- Divide udon among bowls. Top with crabmeat, cucumber, sprouts, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.