Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- Butter, for baking dish
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound plain croissants (about 4), torn into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly butter a small oval (or other shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart) baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, and salt until combined. Add croissants; toss to coat. Let sit, turning occasionally, until they have absorbed some of the liquid, about 10 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; smooth top with a spatula. Scatter with almonds.
- Bake until pudding has puffed up and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving with whipped cream, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.