Roasted Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash
Everyday Food, December 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds), halved lengthwise
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season squash with salt and pepper. Place cut side down in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add 3/4 cup water and roast until tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scoop out seeds from squash and discard. With a fork, scrape flesh into a large bowl. Add shrimp and any cooking juices, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon oil; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, top with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.