Baked Potatoes with Cheddar Sour Cream
Everyday Food, May 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream (8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar (4 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, rub potatoes with oil. Bake on upper rack until tender, about 65 minutes.
- To serve, cut a deep cross in each potato; push ends together to open. Season with salt and pepper; top with sour-cream mixture, and if desired, scallions.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.