Sugared Seckel Pears
These pears are a perfect ending to a harvest-themed dinner or buffet.
Photography: John Kernick
Martha Stewart Living, October 2007
- 1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 1/4 cup fine sanding sugar
- 6 firm but ripe Seckel pears
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl. Place sugar in another small bowl.
- Dip bottom half of each pear in egg whites. Roll in sugar, and place pears upright on parchment paper. Let stand until dry, about 1 hour. Sugared pears are best the day they are made.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.