Spice-Rubbed Lamb Chops
Martha Stewart Living, November 2005
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 lamb rib chops (about 5 1/2 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce arugula (about 2 cups)
- Roasted Cauliflower with Ginger and Mint (http://www.marthastewart.com/262943/roasted-cauliflower-with-ginger-and-mint)
- Stir together thyme, cumin, coriander, paprika, and salt in a small bowl; season with pepper. Put lamb chops on a plate; rub each side with spice mixture. Let stand at least 10 minutes, or up to 1 hour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add chops. Reduce heat to medium. Cook chops, flipping halfway though, until deeply browned, about 10 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer each chop to a serving plate. Divide arugula between plates; drizzle with remaining teaspoon oil. Serve with cauliflower.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.