Fennel, Escarole, and Radish Salad
Escarole has thicker leaves than most lettuces and a slight bitterness that goes well with the radishes.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 head escarole, cut crosswise into 2-inch-wide ribbons
- 1 bunch small or medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced crosswise, fronds reserved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toss together escarole, radishes, and fennel bulb in a large bowl. Drizzle oil and vinegar on top, and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss. Garnish with fennel fronds.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.