Salmon with Scallion Relish
Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 salmon fillets, 8 ounces each
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- Heat broiler. Place onion and scallions in a bowl of ice water; soak 20 minutes.
- Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet. Rub oil over all fillets; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Broil, skin side down, until salmon is opaque throughout, 8 minutes.
- Drain onion and scallions, squeezing in paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible; transfer to a bowl. Add sugar, vinegar, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Serve relish with salmon.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.