These crumbly, savory cookies, courtesy of Anton Edelmann, maitre chef des cuisines at the Savoy in London, are served there for afternoon tea.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2000
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated (5 ounces) Parmesan cheese
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and cheese. Work in butter with fingertips until evenly mixed. Work in egg yolk to form a firm dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and leave to rest in a cool place for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out 2 1/2-inch rounds, and place on baking pan. Gather dough scraps, and roll once again. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.