Peas and Carrot Ribbons
Slicing carrots with a vegetable peeler transforms them into pasta-like ribbons. Cook them with peas and a pat of butter for unexpectedly luscious results.
Everyday Food, September 2007
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 carrots (about 12 ounces), sliced into long strips with a vegetable peeler
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add carrots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.