- All-purpose flour, for shaping dough
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 16-by-10-inch rectangle; with a knife or pizza cutter, cut crosswise into 16 strips. Tie each strip into a knot, and place on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush knots with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat garlic and remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium until garlic is fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour garlic oil over bread knots in bowl; season with salt and pepper, and toss.
To freeze: Prepare through step 1, using a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; freeze until firm, 1 hour. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; freeze up to 3 months. To bake from frozen: Place knots on a rimmed baking sheet; brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Proceed with step 3.