Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Arugula
Everyday Food, January 2010
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 shallots, cut into eighths
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1/3 cup pitted olives, such as Nicoise, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups baby arugula or spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatoes, garlic, shallots, and thyme on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tomatoes burst, shallots are browned, and garlic is soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
- Peel roasted garlic and mash with the flat side of a chef's knife. Add to pasta pot, along with vegetables, olives, and pasta water. Cook over medium-high until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly, then toss with arugula.
You can refrigerate the pasta for up to 1 day (without the arugula). Serve at room temperature or reheat; add the arugula just before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.