Lamb Pan Sauce
Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
Yield Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup dry red wine, or water
- 1 cup chicken stock, or reduced-sodium canned broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garlic-Roasted Leg of Lamb (http://www.marthastewart.com/263166/garlic-roasted-leg-of-lamb)
- Pour red wine into the roasting pan in which the Lamb was cooked.
- Place over medium heat, and scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add stock and salt; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until liquid has reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Skim fat from surface, as needed.
- Strain sauce into a gravy boat, and serve hot with sliced lamb.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.