Roasted Harvest Vegetables
Roast veggies up to 1 day ahead; refrigerate. Reheat on two rimmed baking sheets in an oven heated to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 8
Yield Serves 8
- 4 carrots (about 3/4 pound), peeled, halved lengthwise and crosswise, thick pieces halved again
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound total), peeled and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Divide carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and garlic between two rimmed baking sheets. Toss each batch with 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and starting to brown, 25 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom halfway through. Peel roasted garlic, return to vegetables, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.