Heirloom Tomato Salad with Garlic Oil
Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes (any combination), halved, or quartered if large
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 1-inch pieces (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, leaves torn if large
- Heat oil and garlic in a small saute pan over medium-low heat. Cook until garlic is golden, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Arrange tomatoes on a serving platter, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the garlic oil, and sprinkle with chives and basil just before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.