Seared Salmon with Horseradish and Scallions
Searing and baking the salmon without turning it results in
a crisp top and a soft horseradish coating on the underside.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup drained prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, cut on the bias into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season both sides of salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon horseradish onto skinned side of each fillet.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat until
hot but not smoking. Add salmon, horseradish side up,
and sear on 1 side, about 2 minutes. Without flipping fish,
transfer skillet to oven, and bake until salmon has cooked
through, about 6 minutes. Transfer salmon to a platter, flipping
fish, and sprinkle with scallions.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.