Warm Shrimp Antipasto
Martha Stewart Living, April 1996
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail section left on
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices peasant bread, toasted
For the Sauce
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, white and light-green parts only, sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons dry Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the Garnish
- Heat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except 1 tablespoon olive oil and the bread. Transfer shrimp to an edged baking sheet, arranging them in a single layer, and pour the sauce over. Broil, about 2 inches from the heat, until shrimp are cooked through and browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush one side of the bread slices with remaining tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a piece of bread on each of 4 plates; divide shrimp among them.
- Place baking sheet with sauce on a burner over medium-high heat and stir with a wooden spoon until sauce thickens slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle sauce over bread and shrimp, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.