Green Salad with Basil Leaves
To cut basil, stack a few basil leaves (of similar size). Roll into a tight cylinder; with a sharp knife, slice crosswise into thin strips.
Everyday Food, June 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head (about 10 ounces) Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces, washed and dried
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh small basil leaves (larger leaves torn in half)
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and sugar; season generously with salt and pepper. Whisk in oil until incorporated.
- Add lettuce and basil leaves; toss to coat with dressing. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.